Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Attitude for a New Year. :)

Hi! How was everyone's New Years celebration? We celebrated last night. I had set the DVR to record the fireworks so we could watch them the next evening with our daughter. I don't know about you, but New Years at our house calls for Sparkling Apple Cider. This year we all agreed that pumpkin waffles should be thrown into the mix. :)
We turned on the Countdown to New Years recording around 6:30pm & everyone watched that while I made waffles. When the countdown reached a minute, we poured the cider, counted aloud the last 10 seconds, raised our glasses & shouted Happy New Year!! It was fun. Then we told Elexis it was late & time for bed (though I'm not sure she believed it was actually midnight).
The rest of us then watched 50 First Dates. It was a unique, belated, but very fun New Year celebration.
What did you do?

As for resolutions? I haven't made one in a handful of years (because I normally just break them), but this year I think I am ready to try again. I want to work on my mind & body. I want to learn more & get healthier. I want to work on myself. I have been hearing the phrase, "you can't help anyone if you don't help yourself" a lot lately it seems. So I'm going to roll with it & start working on me.
I have found a handful of very healthy & VERY filling breakfast recipes that I am going to start with. I already tried one of them. I've had it three times this week & I LOVE it. It's basically blended peanut butter oatmeal. So scrumptious. :)
What are your resolutions??







2 comments: